Song of the Splintered Lands is a stand-alone set of miniature rules based on and fully compatible with the Origins-nominated Song of Blades and Heroes fantasy miniature rules. The book includes:
* Basic rules for activation, melee, ranged combat and Morale
* Campaign Rules for two different rebellion scenarios and for building and defending a "strategic hamlet" in disputed territory
* Fog of War with rules for variable strength warbands and variable missions with dummy markers and scouting
* Cultural Background for the Druid's Wyldewood, the dwarves of Mountain Home, and the goblin races of Moonglade
* Fantasy Races including the Druid's Children -- talking and tool-using animal species including hares, hedgehogs, moles, shrews, squirrels, foxes, and others
* Rules for defensive works of wood and dirt including ditches, stockades, and log buildings
Kid friendly, this is a great game system for father/son (or parent/child) gaming.