"So it was with a sense of relief, rather than concern, that the citizens of Terra watched the ascension to power of Purser Wheylan.
"To them, the one-time opposition leader offered a chance for humanity to pull itself from the ashes, and more importantly, for Terra to take back her rightful place as the center of human civilization…"
—Vicar Buros (AA +315- )
Welcome to the Imperial Starmada Sourcebook, the first in what is hoped to be a long series of setting books in support of the Starmada game.
These pages describe the universe of the Imperial Starmada: the interstellar naval arm of the Terran military. Although in a state of uneasy peace with its immediate neighbors, the Starmada is now faced with its greatest threat—an alien power of unknown size, strength, and intention. Can the Terrans summon a coalition to face down this new adversary, or will old enmities force the Empire to its knees?
In addition to historical background for five different factions in the Starmada universe, the Imperial Starmada Sourcebook includes:
* Thirty starship designs for the Starmada and its major adversaries;
* New starship options and weapon traits, including anti-fighter batteries, overthrusters, limited ammunition, and more;
* Rules for three-dimensional movement and combat interception;
* The "Simplest Campaign System"; and
* A complete board game that can be used as a scenario generator for Starmada.
The Imperial Starmada Sourcebook is not a stand-alone product; ownership of the Starmada Admiralty Edition Core Rulebook is required.