Starmada is a miniatures board game of starship combat. At its most basic level, players take command of space fleets in a general attempt to reduce each other to just so much space junk. At its most advanced, the game can be customized to breathe life into any science fiction background that players might imagine.
Novices shouldn’t fret; the core set of rules has been designed with simplicity and ease of play in mind, accessible even to beginners. On the other hand, seasoned veterans should find the concise nature of the rules quite refreshing. It allows players to concentrate on the finer points of squashing their opponents rather than arguing about rules interpretations, without sacrificing any of the flavor or excitement of more complex games.
Simple, but not simplistic, is the guiding principle.
Starmada: The Admiralty Edition represents nearly a year of collective effort to update, streamline, and otherwise improve upon the Universal Game of Starship Combat. In addition to the essential rules, the Core Rulebook includes:
* Nearly 100 different options from which to pick and choose to create the type of game YOU want to play;
* A design system that allows for nearly five million different types of weapon;
* A fully-customizable set of rules for small craft, allowing for over one million different types of fighters, drones, and seeking weapons;
* Guidelines for converting your Starmada X ship designs to their Admiralty equivalents;
* A half-dozen sample scenarios; and
* The most comprehensive and flexible starship construction rules of any game available.